Technical Account Manager (FinOps)
Cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it — and macroeconomic conditions only increase pressure to prove cloud efficiency. That’s why we built CloudZero: a SaaS platform at the intersection of next-generation cloud cost management and FinOps. CloudZero ingests billing and usage data from all cloud, SaaS, and PaaS providers, organizes it in real time according to our customers’ business structures, lets customers view it at any level of time or resource granularity, and ultimately empowers them to make more informed business decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision, yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we’ve built a dynamic, single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we’ve raised over $52 million from leading venture capital firms across the country. We’re solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
As a Senior FinOps Account Manager, you will put two of your passions — data analysis and empowering customers — to work every day. You’ll work directly with customers to provide cost intelligence observations, facilitate conversations around causes/solutions to cost growth, and help guide them on their FinOps journey. These conversations might be about specific resource usage with engineering, tagging strategies with operations, COGS with finance, or unit cost trends with the executive...all in the same day!
- You have 3+ years of experience consulting on AWS, GCP and/or Azure services/solutions
- You have developed, documented, and/or communicated financial analysis and optimization recommendations for cloud services with both tech and finance teams
- You understand the basics of spend / resource reservations across the various clouds
- You understand the benefits (and limitations) of tagging / labeling and can consult with customers on tagging strategies, when necessary. Tags are among the many ways CloudZero customers can group costs and you will learn tools and techniques for categorizing cloud spend that goes beyond tags.
- You love data. Helping customers achieve better outcomes by leveraging data is something that energizes you on a daily basis.
- You can analyze complex datasets in Excel using advanced concepts like vlookups, index matches, named ranges, pivot tables
- You are a FinOps Certified Practitioner
- You hold at least one AWS, GCP and/or Azure Certification
- You've built BI dashboards before (Quicksight, Looker, Domo, Tableau, etc...)
- You have experience authoring SQL
- You conceptually understand GAAP accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer
CloudZero is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background and reference checks.