Member Support Representative
Calibrate’s mission is to change the way the world treats weight. We’re defining a new category in metabolic health that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to improve metabolic health and drive long-term weight loss that’s impactful, realistic, and sustainable. Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic and largest category of chronic disease, and Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm adults in a $600bn market where we spend millions of dollars each year and do not lose millions of pounds.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for consumers, doctors, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies. We’ve built a proprietary Vertical Pharmacy Engine to connect our members to the most efficient path to insurance coverage, paving the way for a new model of chronic disease care. Calibrate’s first product, the One-Year Metabolic Reset, brings decades of clinical research directly to consumers through a virtual program combining FDA-approved prescription medication with intensive lifestyle intervention. The 52-week structured program includes biweekly 1:1 video coaching and curriculum that spans classes, recipes, workouts, and more. A purpose-built app enables daily tracking of food, energy level, weight, and bi-weekly goals and helps members interact with their Coaching and Medical teams, while a members’ group and events calendar create additional opportunities to tap into the Calibrate community.
Calibrate’s recently launched Masters Program keeps members engaged and supported in their metabolic health beyond their first year with the same evidence-based approach that defines Calibrate’s One-Year Metabolic Reset, at a lower cost. The result is a program that sustains and builds on members’ results with improved whole-body health that enables them to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Calibrate is looking for positive, energetic, and experienced member-centric support representatives to deliver exceptional care to our valued members through multiple channels, including phone support. In this role you will be responsible for completing tasks and resolving member inquiries to deliver an excellent experience, while helping our members achieve their desired outcomes.
- Efficiently manage a high volume of inbound member calls in a professional, timely and caring manner while providing accurate answers and information
- Respond to inquiries from members in a timely, professional, and empathetic manner; follow-up to ensure resolution
- Ensure quality member experiences are consistently delivered across channels (asynchronous messaging, phone, live chat) following all local, state, and federal guidelines
- Identify members’ needs by asking clarifying questions, researching issues and providing solutions and/or alternatives within established workflows
- Engage, support, and retain members by building rapport and going the extra mile while providing compassion and empathy that results in solutions
- Demonstrate Calibrate’s values with every member interaction
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied members, offering empathetic assistance and support
- Thoroughly document all member interactions, next steps and escalating to your manager as appropriate
- Make outbound calls to members, labs and pharmacies as part of various workflows
- Contribute to achieving Calibrate service level agreements through collaboration with team members, leaders and other departments
- Support Calibrate members in a variety of areas such as responding to general program inquiries, verifying member information, processing account updates, and leverage strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems to research information quickly and effectively
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools that align with member request and asking for support if information is incomplete
- Share member feedback and information with Associate Managers in order to continuously improve and evolve the member experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly and communicate effectively with members and other team members of Calibrate.
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador for Calibrate, consistently championing our core values
- Take ownership of your personal performance including key metrics relevant to Calibrate standards
- These are key responsibilities for this role but may change with evolving business needs
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Highschool degree or equivalent required
- A self-starter with the ability to hold yourself accountable in a remote working environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Patient, personable, and kind -- in writing, in person, on the phone, and on video
- A quick learner and comfortable using a variety of applications and software, which will include practice management systems, electronic health records, and related software; must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack and have familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Previous experience in hospitality, member services, or customer support, ideally at an early-stage startup
- High level of creativity with problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities, SLAs, workflows and organizational changes
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and self-motivate to achieve and exceed personal, team and department SLAs and goals
- Great active listening skills with a focus on empathy
- Ability to work under pressure, with an escalated members
- Strong work ethic and ability to remain positive with day to day impact on the workload
- Enjoys working both independently and collaboratively as part of a remote team
- Able to multitask by conducting phone conversations while documenting details of the call and moving the call forward
- Strong preference for individuals who have worked in omni channel support centers
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Multilingual skills a plus, but not required
This is an hourly role with a rate of $18-20 per hour.
At Calibrate, we’re committed to our vision of putting our members and our teammates in control of their health. Some of our benefits for 2023 include:
- Competitive salary with opportunity for equity in an early stage, high growth business
- Generous paid time off, including an all-company holiday over Thanksgiving week
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) - starting at zero cost to you
- Calibrate-paid disability and basic life insurance to give you peace of mind during unforeseen events
- Fertility, gynecology, and wellness support through Carrot Fertility
- Therapy on your time with free access to Headspace and Ginger
- An employee assistance program through Guardian to provide counseling across a range of personal topics
- Remote team with a headquarters in NYC
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
We’re in it together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.
Calibrate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. To achieve our mission of changing the way the world treats weight, we are building an environment where every Calibrater can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.