Enterprise Account Manager, East
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
What you’ll do:
Drive Account Strategy and Growth
- Develop account strategy in close conversation with customer executives and BetterUp leadership.
- Own expansion and renewal targets for named accounts.
- Develop new relationships in strategic accounts through prospecting, networking, and partnership with BetterUp marketing team.
- Lead commercial conversations with customers, ensuring end to end success of the contracting process.
Generate and Nurture Enduring Customer Relationships
- Navigate complex, matrixed organizations and identify champions internally.
- Consult and coach customers on Talent and HR strategy and demonstrate how BetterUp aligns to our customer’s business objectives.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to drive member engagement and demonstrable results.
Internal Relationship Building and Management
- Expert level internal cross-functional collaboration
- Work with the post-sales team, CSM, DM, to ensure optimal communications and alignment including collaboration on account strategy, account opportunities, politics, stakeholder identification, member utilization and adoption. Has the ability to keenly listen to the client and identify risks and opportunities with members and swiftly communicate to the BU account team
- Collaborate with the BU Product and Engineering teams; follow processes and procedures when it comes to client asks. Roadmap prioritization. On the inverse, work with products to get them the beta customers they need.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience, with 5+ years of enterprise consultative selling
- Experience selling to CXOs at Fortune 500+
- Track record of over-achieving, consistently ranking in the top 10-20% of the company
- Experience personally leading and closing 6+ month, multi-buyer, $1M+ deals
- An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example
- Prior experience selling into CHRO and Heads of L&D/Talent/Transformation work (ideal, not required)
- Exceptional executive presence (selling to CXO), compelling written and verbal communication
- High emotional intelligence (EQ) that drives empathy, strong influence, negotiation, and problem-solving
- Process-driven, meticulously organized and self-motivated
- Technical proficiency and specifically skilled using Salesforce to manage sales cycles
- Ability to adapt and iterate on your sales motion in a startup selling environment
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $124,880 – $226,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$154,000 – $226,000: New York City
$133,000 – $199,560: Nassau, Newburgh
$124,880 – $187,320: Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse