Senior Account Executive, State & Local Government - East
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is currently seeking high-energy, enterprise sales professionals who possess a deep understanding of business, the public sector, a healthy intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets.
BetterUp Account Executives (AE) engage with decision-makers & executives within the public sector to generate new business revenue. AEs are quota-carrying reps responsible for the full sales cycle. They are expected to build rapport with senior-level government executives, advising them on best practice solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity using a consultative sales approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings.
Successful BetterUp AE’s are goal-oriented, driven professionals who are passionate about helping others realize their full potential through professional development, enterprise learning, and positive psychology.
At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Execute daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly business metrics that drive to new logos and expansion business in assigned accounts;
- Working with internal cross-functional BetterUp teams to create a qualitative and quantitative value propositions for our BetterUp government solution resulting in closed business and over-achievement of assigned quota
- Work with multiple acquisition program decision-makers to create demand in directly in the agency and through agency partners to drive 4x in pipeline quarter over quarter;
- Accurately forecasting performance versus quota; ability to analyze personal results through the sales funnel and adjust strategic, operational and tactical performance to optimize results in assigned accounts;
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Minimum 7 years of government enterprise sales experience (with 5+ years of quota carrying, large enterprise software sales experience) within the Federal or State and Local government
- Proven track record of identifying government programs selling direct and through government integrators to deliver BetterUp solution outcomes
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of the company)
- Prior sales methodology training in MEDDIC/MEDDPIC (preferred) and Challenger selling
- An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example in a hyper-growth company
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills, empathy, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy (familiarity with sales automation tools) and specifically skilled using Salesforce to manage sales cycles and details of forecasting
- Process-driven, meticulously organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt and iterate on your sales motion as you navigate a startup selling environment
- Proven ability in creating mutual success plans with prospects for new opportunities that lead to mutual desired outcomes and timing
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $112,500 – $165,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$125,000 – $165,000 : New York City
$118,750 – $156,750 : Nassau, Newburgh
$112,500 – $148,500 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse