Regional Vice President, Account Executive
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
- Implement and Drive Peak Performance: Spearhead initiatives to optimize sales team performance by developing and executing strategies that motivate, empower, and guide team members to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Formulate and Cascade Regional Strategy: Develop and communicate the regional strategy to optimize new business revenue targets throughout the entire sales process, encompassing prospecting, opportunity identification, progression, negotiation, closure, and seamless transition to the BetterUp Customer Success & Transformation team.
- Strategize Target Account Pipeline Creation: Lead and motivate your team to develop targeted account pipelines through effective collaboration and support, leveraging impactful content and experiential strategies for increased engagement and successful outcomes.
- Navigate C-Level Executives within Fortune 2000: Cultivate an executive presence and adeptly build relationships with C-level executives within Fortune 2000 companies, strategically influencing their engagement and sponsorship.
- Strategically Build High-Performing Teams: Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to attract, recruit, and cultivate a team of top-performing sales professionals and leaders. Demonstrate a commitment to performance excellence by actively developing and optimizing the team's capabilities, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and achievement.
- Act as a Strategic Business Partner: Collaborate effectively with cross-functional and field leaders, operating as a strategic business partner. Demonstrate a willingness to travel and engage directly with customers.
- Operational Mindset: Utilize data and analytics in collaboration with Revenue Operations to make informed decisions, extracting insights to continuously optimize sales strategies.
- Cultivate a Collaborative Team Culture: Foster an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative team culture that effectively leverages diverse backgrounds, skills, and experience. Promote a culture of deep curiosity and continuous learning within the team, encouraging an environment where members draw on their unique strengths for shared success.
- Thrive in a Dynamic Work Environment: Demonstrate the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment.
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- 5+ years of sales management experience, combined with a proven track record of success in a new business environment managing and closing complex sales-cycles with Fortune 1000 accounts in North America.
- Inspirational sales leadership and management of growth through aggressively driving new business through the implementation of scalable, repeatable, structured systems and processes.
- Lead a culture of sales excellence; drive consistent implementation and adoption of sales processes and new business demand generation to increase conversion rate, linearity, average contract value, and team participation and attainment.
- Effectively manage region by considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts to achieve short-term revenue goals while holding a long-term perspective to help the business achieve our collective organizational goals
- SaaS and/or Human Capital Management experience preferred, not required.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $167,400 – $281,750.