Staff Product Manager
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is looking for a Staff Product Manager to join our team to design and build product experiences that enable professional coaching at scale. Our mobile-first product connects coaches with individuals, creating powerful relationships to drive behavior change and transform a new generation of leaders.
We are a team that collaborates tightly, asks hard questions, ships quickly, and has fun. Our team cares deeply about crafting the highest quality product experiences, and each team member has a profound impact on the vision and direction of what we deliver.
You will craft transformational user experiences that drive business outcomes. You will deliver product and process innovation by taking ownership of not only what we develop, but how we create a learning culture dedicated to constant improvement. You will make courageous decisions daily and push the boundaries of what our team is capable of delivering.
You will partner tightly with designers and engineers to validate potential solutions and collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an objective-oriented environment that values collectively finding the best outcomes. For example, using amplitude/looker to run a/b tests, cohort analysis, and retention analysis.
What you’ll do:
- You will craft transformational user experiences that drive business outcomes. You will deliver product and process innovation by taking ownership of not only what we develop, but how we create a learning culture dedicated to constant improvement. You will make courageous decisions daily and push the boundaries of what our team is capable of delivering.
- You will partner tightly with designers and engineers to validate potential solutions and collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an objective-oriented environment that values collectively finding the best outcomes.
- You will combine your understanding of technology with your understanding of people to amplify value to our customers.
- You will discover novel applications for our capabilities via direct engagement with our customers.
- You will expertly guide ambiguous, loosely defined ideas from discovery through pilot and implementation. Excelling at quickly testing/validating ideas to parse through uncertainty.
- You will leverage your deep technical expertise to provide technical and strategic clarity for engineering and business partners.
- You will organize a broad set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You will ensure appropriate data privacy while developing novel, data driven solutions.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Computer science degree, MBA, and/or advanced psychology degree is a plus
- 5-7 years of previous experience as a Product Manager (bonus for growth-oriented roles)
- Experience leading the end to end product lifecycle
- Have found product-market fit for at least one consumer-grade product (bonus for consumer apps in health, education, gaming)
- Exceptional standards for making data-informed decisions
- Experience working on AI/ML products
- Comfortable setting up, running, and evaluating the success of a/b experiments
- Expert knowledge of product design and development processes
- Passionate about our mission to “help every professional pursue their life with clarity, purpose, and passion”
- Self-directed and biased towards action
- Constantly improving and open to feedback through collaboration
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $155,550 – $233,300.