Product Design Manager
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As Product Design Manager you will play a key role in developing the vision, team, and strategy needed to solve for a multitude of projects that help scale personal and career transformation to an entire organization. If you are passionate about human thriving, applying UX thinking to complex system problems, and building a high-performing design team, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Manage change and uncertainty that is typical of a growing start-up with a masterful, adaptable, and thoughtful approach.
- Be a driving contributor to the vision and strategy for our enterprise products focused on our customers: Coaches, Members, and Partners (Fortune 5000 companies who buy BetterUp).
- Exercise UX strategy and processes to enable the team to identify the right user insights, goals, and problem framing.
- Coach designers through the process of planning, navigating trade-offs, and creating meaningful user experiences — inspiring, not merely directing, and ensuring that the products we build are designed to create impact.
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, UX research, and UX writing counterparts to shape a data-informed vision for the user experience of our products
- Partner with product marketing and sales teams in the go-to-market to ensure our partner communication matches the experience we deliver for members.
- Continuously learn about the science and business of BetterUp and champion alignment up, down and across the organization.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- You have 3+ years of experience leading and managing design teams, ideally in data visualization, tools, or enterprise applications.
- Bonus if you’re familiar with multi-sided marketplace experiences, service design or enjoy designing experiences beyond the screen.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and external partners and coaches alike.
- You’re comfortable working in spaces with ambiguity, leading product discovery, and biasing towards action.
- You are fulfilled by developing great people and you have a history of building high-output, psychologically safe teams.
- You have a track record of getting others to participate in, and contribute to, the design process.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $136,900 – $242,200.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$154,950– $242,200: New York City
$145,850 – $226,050: Nassau, Newburgh
$136,900 – $212,200: Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse