AutoLeap is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and tech-savvy Design Lead to lead the design team to craft visually stunning projects. You will infuse creativity in every pixel to make our brand stand out while also aligning the design work with the strategic objectives and audience-based research. This is a unique trailblazer opportunity with explosive growth potential - join our strong team of repeat entrepreneurs looking to expand their success into SaaS software for the automotive repair space. You will become an important member of the team, influence the company's continued success, and help shape the future of the automotive industry.
AutoLeap is a full-suite shop management solution for the auto repair industry. We are on a mission to improve the lives of shop owners around the world by bringing modern software innovations to their underserved market. We are an international startup that values doing things differently and having fun along the way. Our leadership team consists of repeat CEOs, EY Entrepreneurs of the Year, Canada’s Top 40 Under 40, and hails from BCG, Bain, Wharton and Stanford.
As a Design Lead, you will:
- Take design ownership of core areas of our branding and marketing.
- Lead a team of designers to produce high quality print and digital communication and marketing materials, including website pages, ad visuals, exhibition booth graphics, postcards, YouTube shorts, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define design requirements and ensure that design work meets business goals.
- Build strong relationships with others across the organization as you work on projects.
- Use interactive and multimedia design elements to enhance audience engagement.
- Set up processes and tools for repeatable design products ensuring that our marketing effort is stunning and clean, but also responsible and timely.
- Work in a very fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Interpret design and video briefs and feedback to deliver work that aligns with project objectives.
- Ensure that all design materials reflect AutoLeap values and messaging, along with upholding design standards and guidelines.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help your team grow and develop their careers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging tools in design and marketing..
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Preferred degree in design or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in design, and 2 years of experience in a design leadership role, with a portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills for remote teams.
- Expertise in design software such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience managing, hiring, and supporting the development of other designers.
- Eagerness to learn, and a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality