As a Video Editor/Creator at Autoleap, you will collaborate with others across the organization to develop useful and engaging video content that aligns with the needs of our sales, marketing, support and product teams. Your duties will include creation of video content for the AutoLeap website, customer knowledge base, YouTube channel and social media pages. Examples of video content includes product marketing videos, YouTube shorts, GIFs, Instagram reels, digital snippets, soundbites and software training videos. This would include working with animations, voiceovers, photos, graphics, screen recordings and recorded footage. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep passion for creating engaging and creative content..
AutoLeap is a full-suite shop management solution for the auto repair industry. We are on a mission to improve the lives of shop owners around the world by bringing modern software innovations to their underserved market. We are an international startup that values doing things differently and having fun along the way. Our leadership team consists of repeat CEOs, EY Entrepreneurs of the Year, Canada’s Top 40 Under 40, and hails from BCG, Bain, Wharton and Stanford.
As a Video Editor, you will:
- Produce high quality, clear and engaging video content, including adding graphics, sound effects, music, photos, animations, captions, text overlays, visual effects and transitions, and trimming, cutting and arranging footage.
- Edit existing videos to targeted length and specifications
- Create visually appealing thumbnails for videos that encourage viewers to click
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure video meets quality and brand standards
- Assist in planning and updating video content to meet changes within the product
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve current content
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices to tell stories and engage viewers
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Preferred degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Media Studies or a related field
- 2-3 years of video experience
- Graphic design skills
- Familiarity with tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects
- A sense of ownership in your performance and its impact on a company’s success
- Ability to multitask, work within a fast-paced environment while meeting all project deadlines
- Creative, innovative mind with strong storytelling skills